When it comes to retention, people ultimately choose to engage with and stay loyal to a brand’s identity – the specific story beyond the products and services. It’s up to marketing teams to clearly convey what values a brand stands for, how it can enhance consumers’ lives and even how it can contribute to their own personal identity.
Video is an excellent vehicle for communicating product information, as well as brand values, because it’s so visually-driven and easy to consume. After all, 90% of the information humans absorb is done visually, and 90% of all purchase decisions are made subconsciously. People are impacted more heavily by “what could be” than by “what is” – meaning that if you present someone with a visually-driven, visually-captivating approach to marketing, you’re likely going to see a lot of success.
What might be surprising is just how predisposed people are to watching video, and how impactful video can be on engagement, purchase decisions and your bottom line.
Below you’ll find some impressive statistics about video engagement that just might surprise you…
Consumers really like video…
- 79% of consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Source)
- Information learned through audiovisual communication is recalled 68% more reliably than information learned through text (Source)
- 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days (Source)
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video in the past month (Source)
- When you use video on social media, your audience is 10X more likely to engage with your post in some way (Source)
- Two thirds of Twitter users feel it’s worthwhile watching videos tweeted by brands (Source)
- People stay 2 minutes longer on a site that features video (Source)
And, for what it’s worth to you, Google really likes video, too.
You can have the most engaging content in the world, but you still want it to be easily discoverable. Video ranks highly with Google, meaning more organic leads for you to nurture into customers.
- The chances of getting a page one listing on Google increase 53X when video is present (Source)
- Video is 50 times more likely to get organic page ranks in Google than plain text results (Source)
- Video search results have a 41% higher click-through than plain text results (Source)
Video is an extremely effective business tool…
In addition to being consumers’ preferred form of communication, and being highly discoverable, video delivers cold, hard business results.
- 1 minute of video is worth 1.8 million words (Source)
- 84% of consumers have been convinced to make a purchase after watching a video (Source)
- 97% of businesses say explainer videos have increased understanding of a product or service (Source)
- 81% of businesses say explainer videos have increased sales (Source)
- Incorporating video in an email increases Click-Through Rate by 200-300% (Source)
- When video is present on a landing page, conversion increases by 80% (Source)
- Enjoyment of video ads increase brand recognition by 139% (Source)
…but you need to know how to use it.
With great power comes great responsibility. Isn’t that how the saying goes? When you have the capability of communicating to people through their preferred channel, and with information they’re interested in hearing, make sure you don’t fumble things up in your execution. Here are some valuable insights into how people consume video…
- Facebook is rated as the most impactful social channel for video — 8.4X higher than any other social channel (Source)
- 75% of consumers have been discouraged from purchasing because of a voiceover they found annoying or alienating (Source)
- 50% of consumers think the ideal video length for explainer videos is 1 minute (Source)
- 4 of 5 users will click away if the video stalls while loading (Source)
The future of video is looking bright.
- 65% of US marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets to account for video (Source)
- YouTube reports that mobile video consumption rises 100% year over year (Source)
- Facebook video posts have increased by 94% annually in the US (Source)
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers in the future (Source)
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web trafficby 2019 (Source)
Interested in learning more about the effectiveness of video engagement? Take a look at these posts…